The Hope Source Mission Statement
To raise the bar by providing cutting-edge, dynamic and authentic learning opportunities to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families for the development of meaningful relationships and real world success.
The Purple Philosophy
We are different. We like it that way.
- Building competence for internal motivation is a more impactful mode of reinforcement than external reward.
- Naturalistic teaching is less about the natural environment around you and more about the process of solving a real-world problem.
- To demonstrate genuine acquisition of a skill, one must meaningfully apply this new personal tool and should require little, if any, work to generalize it to other situations in your life.
- Communication encompasses facial expression, gestures, prosody, body position, context, history and language. To communicate, one must first learn how to initiate, obtain, monitor and repair.
- Experiential learning allows one to be an active participant in exploring their environment and partnerships. Rote learning often leads to passive performance and task completion.
- It is an art to master the balance of process-oriented intervention and genuine engagement with performance-driven outcomes and data collection.
While we are one of the only centers in Indiana that specializes in Mild ASD, we effectively and passionately serve children through young adult across the Spectrum.
- Center-Based Clients Ages 5-26
- Outpatient-Based Clients Ages 2-26
- Mild, Moderate and Severe ASD
- With or without Language Impairment, Catatonia and/or Echolalia
- Other Neurodevelopmental Disorders including Attention Deficit, Communication, Learning and Intellectual
- Neurocognitve Disorder due to TBI
- Trauma & Stress Related Disorders
- Depression and Anxiety Mood Disorders
Our Innovative Hybrid Model
Don’t just SURVIVE in school, THRIVE in school!
Finally, you don’t have to choose between an intensive ABA center and public school. We have mastered the balance of medically necessary behavior therapy with the right to individualized special education.
Our hybrid model allows our client-students to have both Continuity of Care and Continuity of Instruction. More importantly, it provides the much needed therapeutic skills acquisition and behavior management to successfully thrive in high demand, complex settings like a classroom. For example:
- If you cannot Pretend Play, your reading comprehension will suffer.
- If you struggle with Social Cognition, you will be blind-sided with classroom transitions.
- If you lack Coping Skills, frequent breakdown from frustration will keep you from learning.
- If you have a hard time with Social Communication, depression from limited friendships will effect your day.
- If you do not have Flexible Thinking, you will struggle in group projects and have a hard time with finding solutions.